Artists for recognition and acceptance (AFRA) Kenya is an organization of lesbian, bisexual and queer women. We use arts for advocacy on sexual minority and gender identity matters and also create safe and healing spaces.
A womyn aligned creatives’ organization addressing oppression by generating spaces to inspire conversation on Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Expression issues in Kenya.
An awakened, Liberal, Equitable and Inclusive society.
- To promote self-acceptance within sexual and gender minority womyn and facilitate notable improvement in lifestyle by offering access to information and a space to question set social norms.
- To create financial empowerment by linking financial ideas and creating economic opportunities through the art.
- To advocate for SOGIE womyn issues within national and international forums through active participation, networking, movement building and the artivism.
- To offer alternative methods of documentation of our human rights violations and abuses and provide psycho-social support for LBQ womyn
- To inform a factual representation about sexual and gender identity issues within the society by sharing gathered research, reports and artistic expression.